Mission and Doctrinal Statement
Mary Andrews College is committed to:
Equipping women to serve Christ.
Mary Andrews College was established in 1891 by our parent body, Anglican Deaconess Ministries Limited (ADM), as an evangelical training college for women.
Matthew 28:19-20 says
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
In the light of this, Mary Andrews College
- Provides opportunities to be equipped for Christian ministry and care through courses, conferences and events;
- Encourages women to develop their gifts to build up Christ's church and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the world;
- Is a prayerful environment where women can grow in confidence in Christ;
- Offers opportunities to develop in maturity through relationships with other Christians.
As an evangelical Anglican College, Mary Andrews College holds to the fundamental truths of the Christian faith, including
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead;
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God's wrath and condemnation;
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the virgin Mary;
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only though the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God;
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead;
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Jesus effective in the individual sinner, granting him or her repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ;
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer;
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.